Refund on a returned package

grettaawafo
Contributor
Contributor

I made a purchase through paypal about 6 weeks ago. The process for the package to be delivered was a long one but I eventually received it to large import fees (ordering from US to Canada) and I let the shipping company know I would not pay the fees and informed the seller that I would be sending the package back. I am now having a difficult time contacting the seller for a refund.

Now that I cannot contact the seller, I would appreciate some help with some advice on how to resolve this.

Thanks

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@grettaawafo

Why should the seller be penalised because you don't want to pay your government taxes for importing an item into your country??

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

grettaawafo
Contributor
Contributor
In what way is the seller penalized?
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@grettaawafo

They would have to issue you with a full refund when they paid the cost of shipping the item to you in the first place.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

grettaawafo
Contributor
Contributor
I made the purchase through their website, I had to pay for shipping to receive the item and I was within the time frame to make a return according to their policy. The problem is that I am no longer able to contact them.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.