Refund of item

Tara38
Contributor
Contributor
I ordered an item Dec 13, paid extra for express shipping to get the item by Christmas. I never received tracking and advised the company on Dec 23 I didn’t want the item anymore as it was a gift to just cancel and refund. They kept telling me to wait and after three times of telling them to cancel and refund they sent the item anyways. Their policy states if you request a cancellation before the item goes out they will Issue a refund. I opened a dispute and raised it to a claim saying I hadn’t received the item. After they saw I opened a claim they sent the item anyways. I have emailed several times asking once the item arrives how do I return for a refund and they are ignoring me. The claim is still open. Should I wait and see what PayPal decides? The item arrived finally on Jan 16. Will the claim go in my favor?
Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Tara38 

I would say that you might not win since you received your item and the claim is for item not received. Whether PayPal will take into the account that you requested cancelation, is anyone's guess and another matter. But see if you can request a return of the item in the dispute from the seller because you wanted them to cancel the order.

Buyers remorse reasons are generally not covered by PayPal through Significantly Not As Described (SNA) claims but if you can make the argument that it is not as described because you didn't receive the item in the time you requested, maybe that might work? Or arrange a return with seller, change the claim to a SNAD claim by calling customer service, explain that you returned item with tracking number and escalate and enter the tracking number for return when PayPal asks for more info.

I don't know what's going on with some of these sellers. Is it a thing that they know they are selling junk and do things to force you into a dispute with them or what. What is their angle. Or are they drop shipping and can't ship on demand and try to drag things out until the drop shipper can finally ship and get you stuck with the order. That's why its important to be super picky about who you buy from. Stick to the merchants you know that can deliver as described.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Tara38
Contributor
Contributor
That makes sense. I just was hoping since I a)paid express shipping and it still didn’t come for over a month and b) provided proof of their cancellation policy which clearly states if you cancel before the item ships they will refund that maybe I will get it. I have also emailed the company twice to find out how to return the item and they offered me 20% back and I keep the item 🤣
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.