Refund my money

GregAntonie
Contributor
Contributor

I need help to claim my money. Its was long time ago this problem.i need advice about this problem or i want to close this account.can you guys gave the money or refund the money.

Login to Me Too
39 REPLIES 39

Gerry5039
Contributor
Contributor

You echo the feeling of many people, however Paypal will not listen to us, no matter what, they wanted me to pay £59.90 to send a package to China and the reply was oh its ok we will give you £15 maximum back, I am noy paying anymore out I have already lost £63.50 for a dead motherboard, the seller has blocked any emails via ebay and Paypal will do nothing till I pay for the return. Hell will freeze over first. I intend now to ask the Financial Ombudsman Service in the UK as I was given sme good information from them this afternoon. Are you in the EU ?

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Donna

Hi Gerry5039,

Welcome to the PayPal community and thank you for your post. 

With these kind of claims, we would request the item to be returned and a tracking number provided from you to show the item has been delivered back to the seller. For future reference, PayPal can help you with the return cost of an item. You will find more details here.

-Donna

Login to Me Too

Gerry5039
Contributor
Contributor

Yes only £15.00 though it was costing me £53.90 some help Donna. in the end I didn't bother they closed the case on me.

Login to Me Too

Gerry5039
Contributor
Contributor

I am going to tell you a story and this is true believe me. 

I too delivery of a beautiful wooden workshop It had a kettle ,internet,television, nice side windows,  all my tools, a proper man cave £1400.00 worth. The lights were not that good so I purchased a 24"x 24" led office light, for my shed, I went on EBay to get it, and had it fitted by an electrician ( I am sure you will have read one of my posts about the Chinese selling fake electrical items with the EU compliance stickers on them) well here is why I made that comment and it is true.

As I said I was so proud of my shed,  one evening I was in the shed building my models I went into the house because my wife said my tea was ready, so I am sat there and we heard this immersival bang, thinking it was a car crash, we got up from out tea and went out the front of the house hoping no one was hurt, but there was nothing there, on turning round to go back in I saw flames higher than my 8ft privet hedge, so I thought It might have been the gas supply to the house, I went out into the back garden an just fell to my knee my beloved shed I worked so hard for was well lit, really up in flames. cut a long story short it burnt to the ground in just over an hour, the Fire Brigade came  back the next morning, to investigate the cause, you got it, it was the electrical  unit that controlled the light had shorted and caused the fire, it was inside a metal box from China it had the CE mark on it when it came and it was sealed so the Electrician accepted it as safe. 

No item from China with a CE mark on it is legal and I lost everything in the shed, now I asked PayPal to investigate it and let me know who it was that sold it as I cannot read Chinese  and if you notice PayPal are still doing it today a seller from China shows on your statements in Chinese, no help, asked for help to send it back as I had just lost everything, well you guessed it, I had to return it to get my money back as they wanted to check it themselves so I was told by PayPal I must send it back to get a refund I wanted to keep it as evidence, but no I had to send it back saying it belongs to them if I want my money back. I duly sent it but I never got my money back, why you say, will I could not send it requiring a signature as they don't have that facility in China, so they stated they never received the box, so I got nothing. Go figure that one out. Because I cannot.

Be warned people be warned

Login to Me Too

RSebire
Contributor
Contributor

Shame about your shed, at least you’re still got your house and wife.

i purposefully will no longer trade outside of the UK, and even then I’m not comfortable with it half the time.

you tell us how your she’d almost got the pair of you killed, but then you tell us you’ve brought another product from there. Not good logic or reasoning.

sooner or later PayPal will close this thread.

i wouldn’t be surprised if people are being paid in “blood” money anyway.

take care and don’t get your familiy killed for the sake of a few pence 

Login to Me Too

JP210
Contributor
Contributor
I can’t return what I didn’t get. PayPal is a joke. Zero protection for the consumer. They accepted many companies from China that don’t deliver. I am done with them.
Login to Me Too

MissJudy62
Contributor
Contributor

You cannot return an item you never received.

Login to Me Too

JP210
Contributor
Contributor
I had a similar situation and PayPal refused to acknowledge the purchase. Resolution center is a joke.
Login to Me Too

MissJudy62
Contributor
Contributor

You won't see your refund or the product.  PayPal doesn't help either.

Login to Me Too

lisa7082
Contributor
Contributor

why are we all having this problem . i am so frustrated with pay pal i just want out .only problem with my account was i did not know i could not transfer money from  pay pal to my prepaid card which i don't understand i use pay pal to pay things and it comes off my prepaid card but i cant add money to it ,do not make sense and do not know why you can just lock what money i do have in my pay pal so i cant use it .what gives them the right to lock my own money up .

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.