Refund issue

pirate3004
New Community Member

Hi, You refunded a buyer from my account on 29th march for the amount of £60.00. This was already disputed with ebay and the customer closed the request by his own doing. The only thing that was wrong with it was 1 of the games was was wrong which I didn't know when listing on ebay. I did state on there though that I didn't know what GB the playstation was. He knew that and im guessing thought it was cheap enough to take a gamble then when it wasn't the 60gb that he did originally want he opened a request through ebay. with losing his request on that he then opened one with paypal. How can I ask is this possible. Thanks Dave

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@pirate3004

No one on here did anything as this is a community forum and not customer services.

However Ebay and Paypal are 2 different companyies with 2 different buyer protection policies.

So a buyer can file on either or both (as long as one is closed).

In the event of an item received but not as described it is always one persons word against anothers so paypal tend to favour the buyer but normally they have to return the item back to you first before a refund is issued although sometimes they won't ask the buyer to do so if the seller fails to respond to the dispute or the item is fake etc.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.