Refund issue

poisontipped
Contributor
Contributor

I tried to log a complaint about a payment I made.  I marked it as unauthorized (didnt know what to pick)  it has been closed and now I cannot escalate it or re log it correctly. 

I paid money for a product, the product is not being sent and the website I used to purchase no longer exists and they are not responding to emails.  They are clearly stealing the money from me. Paypal should be reversing the charge but they seem to want to make it as hard as possible to log a issue or talk to them.  Auto responses are BS and they are not assisting.

Hell trying to find a real person to talk to seems to be impossible with this site.

Help please.  I have logged the complaint with my bank but I thought the whole reason for using Paypal was for buyer security!

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

WarrenPink
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Hi @poisontipped

Thanks for reaching Community Forum!

Base with your statement the case was denied due to incorrect reason of claim. You should've have filed the case as "Item not received" dispute. Unauthorized dispute is applicable if your account was hacked and someone made those fraudulent payment without your authorization. The only way to reopen and appeal the case is through a customer service. There's a limited support on the phone however we have email, message, chat options available for you. Just click the"Contact us" button on the bottom of PayPal Page. Make sure to include the original case  ID that wss provided to you. Hope this helps! Stay safe.

If you find this or any other post was helpful, make our community better by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.