Refund if I reject an order?

sasiskas
Contributor
Contributor
Hello everyone, Hopefully you can help me with a problem.... So I have a question regarding a purchase I have made...I actually emailed PayPal 3days ago, but still no reply... Hopefully someone could advise me. I ordered something online, but due to the extremely high taxes (60$) at the customs, I decided to reject it and ask the postal office to send it back. In that case, do I have the right to be refunded? Because the seller says that he won't refund me unless I accept the order first. But in that case he will refund only the cost of the item (100$) he wont refund the shipping 50$ and custom taxes 60$. That means that even if I return the item, I will still be charged with 110$! Can he do that? will paypal protect me? Any advice from anyone? Thank you
Login to Me Too
6 REPLIES 6

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@sasiskas 

Why would a seller be responsible for your governments import tax policy !!!!!

You should bear that in mind before you purchase items internationally.

I'm surprised the seller is willing to give you any refund as this is just buyer remorse.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

sasiskas
Contributor
Contributor

Ok let me rephrase...

REGARDLESS if it is right or wrong...

REGARDLESS the reason...

Do I get covered by paypal in case I reject an order and send it back (note that in this case no one will be charged with the customs taxes)?

Login to Me Too

sasiskas
Contributor
Contributor
anyone? btw, one week and many emails later, I'm still waiting for the costumer care to respond... pathetic
Login to Me Too

PayPal_paula

Hi sasiskas, 

This is a good question. If your seller has shipped an item to you and you have refused it due to customs charges then this is something that we would not offer coverage for. When you are buying an item you would be liable for any customs fees that are to be charged in your country in order to receive your item. I would recommend working with your seller to try to resolve this. 

Thanks

Paula 

Login to Me Too

sasiskas
Contributor
Contributor
Dear @paula, I don't know if you carefully red my post. Im saying, reject the order AND SEND IT BACK... that's a key factor here... The funny thing is that I just received an answer from one of your colleagues (via email, from costumer care), who says that of I rejected the item AND SEND IT BACK, paypal will cover me... So is your colleague wrong? or you just didn't bother reading carefully my post? Just wondering.... The same applies for @kernowlass who just rushed to blame me, without even reading my entire post...
Login to Me Too

PayPal_paula

Hi @sasiskas

I am glad to hear that you have received a response via email. As moderators here we do not have access to your PayPal account so we can only offer general advice. If an item is posted to you and you reject the order and send it back then this is not something you would be covered for. Our claims procedure covers cases for not receiving your item (meaning your seller has not posted your item) or you have received an item that is significantly not as described. It does not cover items rejected and returned back to your seller however in most cases if a seller has received their item back they will refund your payment back to you. 

Thanks 

Paula 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.