Refund from sending money to family or friend

Toni185
Contributor
Contributor

Hi, please help, i have been scammed, seller told me to send money as friend and the product he is selling is not as described. He knows this and wont return my money.. What can i do? I hate this feeling, please help me get my money back..

Login to Me Too
46 REPLIES 46

Courtneymc90
Hi i am in the same situation, I’ve tried everything I even have messages to say I would be getting a refund from the seller now I’m blocked. Did you have any luck at all?
Login to Me Too

Vix7
New Community Member

I was scammed too, by ‘Charlie <removed>’, shame there’s no way of PayPal tracking these scammers. I have contacted the bank & they may refund after 12 days. They don’t have to but worth a try.

Login to Me Too

lolaedobor
Contributor
Contributor

The same thing happened to me should i contact my bank?

Login to Me Too

Barney2021
Contributor
Contributor

I’m in same boat scammed, pay pal suggested contacting bank I did , spent an hour waiting yes . No go , if I had paid for item via card I coukd have done it through charge back non receipt of goods, 

im dissapointed pay pal won’t pay up been with them now  fir 20 years and  thot they were a good safe guard, I may now re consider my method of payment for goods , gutted and feel stupid , 

Login to Me Too

TexasChic
New Community Member

Hi @Barney2021 this is unrelated to you recent post, but did you ever receive your purchase from PurseKelly.net? I’m looking at a bag myself and doing some research first and your question came up. How long did it take to receive? We’re you happy with the quality? I hope this wasn’t a scam and you received your bag!

Kind regards 😁

Login to Me Too

Temp20230525HD
New Community Member
I just had the same issue .. got scammed for $880 .. i believe PayPal should be anle to track the money and return.. this options is becoming an option for fraudulent individuals
Login to Me Too

PayPal_Tommy

@Toni185

Hi,

We are sorry that this happened to you. In this situation we don't offer buyer protection for payments that were sent as family and friends as they're not intended to buy products. Can you please continue working with the recipient? 

-Tommy

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.