Refund from seller is cancelled

Myrgutten
Contributor
Contributor

Hi,

I am relatively new when it comes to ebay stuff. This question has probably been asked before, but need some advice on this one.

I ordered a gamecube console with a few games, controllers and all cables off of a retro game store in Austria. The seller has an official website, store and had positive feedback, so I thought it would be safe to order from there. The console arrived in not as described-condition (although the rest of the delivery there were no problems with), I opened a ebay dispute and the seller immediately messages me back asking why I opened the return request as they claimed the console was working when they sent it. I explained to the seller that the gamecube could not read discs, he told me to clean the lens, but I have looked at the thing and the whole disc reader is in bad shape. Now, I wouldn't mind fixing it one day, but still feel it is unfair I paid so much for a broken machine.

Anyways, he then offers me a replacement, provided that I close the case afterwards. I decline his offer and ask for a refund instead. The seller becomes a bit annoyed and then asks me what I would like for a refund. Since only the console is the problem, we agree to settle the case with a partial refund. I accept and the seller sends me a refund by echeck. It does not arrive and I get a e-mail from paypal that refund failed, so I escalated the case. The seller then becomes irritated again, and ask why I did that. I check the refund status then on mobile, and for some reason it said refund was completed, so I believed I had received it after all.

I tell the seller the case has been closed, seller tells me it was good that I got the refund. However, the refund has gotten a cancelled status again, and I am really annoyed with this. I would like to get that refund for this failed order. I, for one, find it just bizarre that a game store like this would have issues refunding this money. I am fully aware that you cannot open an ebay case twice, and many people will probably suggest that I should never have closed the case before money was in, but the issue was a glitch in paypal that made me believe the refund was successful. I have asked paypal customer service about this, and they have suggested contacting ebay and see if they can reopen the case, or try to open a case on paypal since you can do that as long it has not gone 180 days after the transaction.

For relief's sake and such, I wouldn't mind some advice from people who have been in similar situations. Thanks.

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.