Refund from an account with $0.00 in bank

R1CKSO
Contributor
Contributor
Hello, hope someone can clear this for me, I was wondering what happens when a seller loses a case and has to refund but has already withdrawn the funds from PayPal to his/her bank account and also takes them out along with any other funds from the associated account leaving the balance in $0.00, will the buyer receive a refund from PayPal from their own money and then PayPal would recover their money from the seller trough several methods (lawyers, prosecution) or if they can’t retrieve any money the buyer receives nothing and gets **bleep**? Thanks!
Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@R1CKSO 

If a buyer WINS a dispute and the seller does not refund then paypal will refund under their buyer protection policy as long as the transaction was covered by that policy.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

R1CKSO
Contributor
Contributor
Did you read all of my question? I know that, I have used the buyer protection several times, and I know it’s up to PayPal to decide not the seller once a a dispute is escalated. The question was, what happens when the seller has $0 on his PayPal account and $0 on his bank account. Sorry if I sounded rude but you didn’t add much.
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@R1CKSO 

I have already answered that question.

And I am not prepared to explain further now.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

R1CKSO
Contributor
Contributor
My apologies if I sounded too rude that wasn’t my intention, but It is still not clear to me if paypal does refund on their own money in case the seller has no money on their bank and PayPal accounts.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.