Refund from Singapore Airlines not received

Ptan7
Contributor
Contributor
Hi, Singapore Airlines has refunded me my ticket on the 10th of June, but until now I haven't received the money yet. I have emailed Paypal but no response. I also tried to lodge a dispute but rejected since my original transaction is over 180 days old. I also called Paypal but when I input my transaction number in the prompt, it said it is invalid, they did not even transfer me to the human agent but hang up straight away. I'm wondering when will I get my money and how can I get in touch with Paypal if they are not responding to my emails and not contactable via phone? Any feedback appreciated. Thanks.
Login to Me Too
18 REPLIES 18

Ptan7
Contributor
Contributor
Hi everyone Today I also just got an email from Paypal stating that my refund has been processed and should be reflected in my credit card within few days. I hope this is the case for all of you who has similar case with me. Thank you for contributing to this post.
Login to Me Too

joyodoo
Contributor
Contributor
Hi thanks for updating. Can I know what you did to get them to email you? Or you just simply waited?
Login to Me Too

Ptan7
Contributor
Contributor
I didn't do anything more since I emailed them once and tried to call them once. I guess it took them 10 weeks to process a refund. I hope your refund will come through soon.
Login to Me Too

ML747
Contributor
Contributor

I have the same problem and am very disappointed in PayPal. According to SIA my refund was approved and send through to PayPal on 15th July. 

We had another flight booked with SIA that I paid directly via Credit Card and that showed back in the credit card account within a couple of days of approval from SIA. 

When I messaged PayPal they told me they couldn't help as the transaction was more than 180 days old. Given it's not PayPal we ask to get the money from but simply a passing through of funds it is even more frustrating. And nobody to talk to, only messages that get answered hours or days later!

Login to Me Too

Ptan7
Contributor
Contributor
Hi, yes it was very frustrating not being able to contact them and get any responses. Mine was processed from SIA on the 10th of June, so it took over 2.5 months until Paypal finally processed it. I hope yours will be processed soon too.
Login to Me Too

Jmead1234
Contributor
Contributor
Same here. I have spent all day being pushed between Singapore airlines and PayPal. Singapore airlines saying the refund was processed and PayPal saying it wasn’t. Singapore airlines are not able to provide proof that the refund was send so I have escalated to their finance team and they tell me I should hear from them on Monday. Without them being able to provide proof of the refund I am inclined to believe that the refund is in process at Singapore Airlines and it is their delays in releasing the funds that is the issue. However - I could be wrong.
Login to Me Too

AusFrankston
Contributor
Contributor

I have the same problem as posted. What I did was I rang local(Australia) Singapore and they said the refund was processed on end of July. I didn't receive any email notification from SA about the refund had been proceed.

I messaged PayPal but PayPal replied back no refund from Singapore Airlines. Then, after a couple of days, I rang SA's customer contact of Singapore numbers and they said they would look it up and the lady asked me detail of PayPal account. She asked me to wait for a few more weeks and if no refund rang back.

Then, a few days after the conversation with them, I received my refund notification from PayPal. 

So, I think it would worth giving it a go to ring SA's Singapore office.

I wish for the best for the people who are waiting for their refund.

Login to Me Too

dh30

I have experienced the same issue.

Basically Singapore Airlines "have processed the refund" means that is in the system and has not actually been PAID.

The Finance team from Singapore Airliness  manually pay each PayPal transaction.  It has been 13 weeks and I am still waiting.

Login to Me Too

Vikki9
New Community Member
Yep I'm in the same situation. Just spoke to SA again and they are adamant they refunded on 21/10/20. I've been waiting 12 weeks now and the guy at SA said it could take another 4 weeks before the refund comes through..something about paypal changing their carrier(didn'treally make any sense to me)...but he said it's definitely been refunded to Paypal..and the delay is on Paypal and not SA.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.