Refund from Seller

79me
Contributor
Contributor

I returned an Item to a Seller on eBay & they said they have received it. But to receive my refund they said I would have to claim I haven't received my purchase by going into "My Purchases" & Click on options. Also that I would have to use a Laptop or desktop to do this. I told them I don't have access to a Laptop or desktop, only my Tablet or phone. Now they are ignoring me & I can't get my money back. Can anyone help me please ?

Login to Me Too
6 REPLIES 6

nevadasmith
Advisor
Advisor

you can either open a case of item not as described on Ebay or Paypal.

better on Ebay if it has not expired,you will be asked to return the item,then you just upload your tracking number,once it said delivered,you get your money back.

You are in Ireland,where is the seller?

did you return with tracking?  

Login to Me Too

79me
Contributor
Contributor

Hi, I have contacted eBay & they suggested to contact PayPal. Unfortunately I have no tracking number of my returning the item, but I do have the email they sent me to say they received it. The seller is in the UK. I have messaged Pay Pal about making a claim to get my refund yesterday, so just waiting to hear back from them. 

Login to Me Too

nevadasmith
Advisor
Advisor

@79me wrote:

I returned an Item to a Seller on eBay & they said they have received it. But to receive my refund they said I would have to claim I haven't received my purchase by going into "My Purchases" & Click on options. Also that I would have to use a Laptop or desktop to do this. I told them I don't have access to a Laptop or desktop, only my Tablet or phone. Now they are ignoring me & I can't get my money back. Can anyone help me please ?

I don't know what kind of seller would give you such instruction?

if you file item not received,they will just upload tracking showing they have delivered the item to you and win the case.

and makes no difference what device you use,you can use tablet or phone,if it works,it works.

Login to Me Too

79me
Contributor
Contributor

Hi, I agree with you as that's why I didn't agree to say I never received my Purchase. I told them that I couldn't find "Options" under "Purchases" on my Tablet, they then said use a Laptop or desktop. Very annoying cos I have told them I don't have a Laptop. They ignored my message & sent me another email to use Laptop or desktop. I've messaged PayPal last night to make a  claim to get my refund. I have no tracking number of my returning the item but I have the receipt plus the email they sent to say they received my Returned item.

Login to Me Too

nevadasmith
Advisor
Advisor

if you have no tracking,I am afraid robot does not read email or watch movie,all it cares is the tracking number.

tell your seller if they don't refund,you wil file chargeback with your cc issuer (cc issuer clerk will read your emails and postal receipt),then he wil have to refund and pay $20 penalty fee. 

Login to Me Too

79me
Contributor
Contributor

Hi, thank you. I will contact the Seller and do what you recommended. I see from his feedback that he hasn't given refunds to a lot of people & ignoring messages. 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.