Refund for item that was faulty

Dervishali
Contributor
Contributor
Hi there. I purchased a car radio unit from a secure website. It was posted from China. The product is faulty and I would like a refund. I have contacted the seller and they have said they will issue a refund however this is where the issue is. They have said I need to send the item via EMS which I have not heard of. And they said I need to write on the package '$69.5USD'. The item was $608USD so obviously I am not happy to do this. They said this was to do with customs. I am now stuck as if I send it via Parcelforce it sounds as though they may not receive it and then I will be without the item or the money. Please can someone advise what would be my best option now? I have received an email from PayPal stating I need to send the item off within the next 10 days so would like to know what I need to do. Regards.
Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

Sidney08
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Hello @Dervishali , I hope you're doing fine. 

For you to get your money back, yes you have to ship the item back to seller and use only the address stated on the email Paypal sent to you. If you think that email you received is supicious, you can forward it to spoof@paypal.com and you will receive a reply from us if it is legit. If in case that email has been proved that it is not from us, do not sens the item yet to that address. You have to file a dispute with paypal by logging in to your paypal account and go to the resolution center.

I hope you find this helpful. Thank you for reaching PayPal. Be safe. 

Login to Me Too

Dervishali
Contributor
Contributor
Hello, Thank you for the response. I am happy to send the item back to get the refund. My issue is actually with the method and format of sending it back. This is where I am concerned. The item is valued at $600 so if the seller is asking me quote '$69.5USD' on the package then I am not happy to do this. This is apparently due to customs in China. If I do quote this on the package and it gets stuck/lost, will I still be entitled to my full refund? This is where I am concerned. Regards
Login to Me Too

Dervishali
Contributor
Contributor
Hi again. Is it possible for anyone to provide some feedback on what would happen if I sent the item off and it got lost or stuck in China customs? Regards.
Login to Me Too

PotpotHo
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee
Hi @Dervishali, we appreciate you lett us know about this. Paypal suggest to follow instruction that we sent to you. Once you return the item upload the return tracking information. Please put all correct information. As long as you follow ans response to PayPal we got your back. We don't have any information how it goes there when sending items but it is beyond our concern. As long as you send the item on the address PayPal provided. Thank you.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.