Refund for faulty item from eBay?!??!

Pepper544
Contributor
Contributor
Hello. So PayPal have been less then helpful. I bought apple AirPods from eBay. Listed with a warranty. Paid though PayPal. That was 2 months ago. I can’t open an eBay dispute as it’s outside of 31 days. I have contacted the seller and he has said he will give a refund and I need to open a dispute. Which I can’t do through eBay. I called eBay and they directed me to PayPal. PayPal have been useless. I have had 7 messages off them, the last just asking me to open dispute through resolution centre. Non of the 4 options really cover item no longer working and seller has agreed refund. So I picked the best fitting one ‘item not as described’ ie sold as working and it’s now not. But it just comes up with a error. I’ve been trying all day. They keep asking for my email address, even though I’m logged with that email address and have stated it’s the same for PayPal and eBay they still ask for it. It’s been 5 hours, 7 messages and they are not answering any of my questions. Can I get a refund through PayPal for a item 2 months old, sold on eBay with a warranty where seller has accepted he will refund? I have attached eBay screen shot of the message with eBay listing, offering a refund etc and the PayPal transaction but they still want to know the date and amount even though I have given the date and amount 3 times and attached the transaction screen shot. What can I do? I’ve had no more contact from seller since saying I can’t open a dispute on eBay.
Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

Teslafan101
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

You hAVE 180 DAYS to file item not as described on Paypal,if you are having problem,have you tried a different browser?

Or file chargeback with your credit card issuer if you have used a credit card,you have 180 days from date of purchase 

Login to Me Too

Pepper544
Contributor
Contributor
I’ve tried a couple of different servers logging in but it still says error.
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Pepper544 

Contact customer services and they can open one for you.

Click on the words "Help / Contact" at the bottom of paypals pages and use the phone option in the blue band at the top OR very bottom of page dependent on what country you are in. Scroll down past the list of help questions and click on 'Call us' bottom of that page. Log in and get the code.
Freephone from a UK landline or UK mobile number.
OR
have you considered contacting Customer Service via Facebook or Twitter?
You can send them a personal message from their facebook or twitter pages.
It's: https://www.facebook.com/PayPalUK and @AskPayPal for Twitter.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.