Refund for fake item.

Clarkda
Contributor
Contributor

I recently purchased a designer jacket as a gift, when it arrived i discovered the item was a fake and tried to talk to the seller about getting a refund. They declined and i took i opened a paypal dispute.

The person then agreed to refund me if i sent the item back.

i paid a significant amount in postage to send the item back, uploaded the tracking number for the return to the paypal dispute.

the person received the item back then claimed the fake item had been washed and damaged (it hadnt even been worn) and refused to refund me.

paypal then asked me to upload the tracking number for the returned item again which i did. And then they decided against me.

So i dont have the item, i dont have the money, and i paid extra to send the item back. What course of action do i have available to me? When paypal’s system is so flawed that i have been put in this situation.... how can i speak directly to paypal about correcting their mistake.

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

PayPal_Martina
Administrator
Administrator

Hi @Clarkda,

Thank you for your post and welcome to the Community Forum!

In general, you should receive a refund once the item has been delivered. Does the tracking number show that the parcel has been delivered to the address provided by PayPal during the case investigation? If yes, please contact our Customer Service directly. You should also have the option to appeal the case within 10 days from the case closure. Also, you can request a refund for the return shipment costs. You can find more information here

I hope this helps!

Martina

Login to Me Too

Clarkda
Contributor
Contributor
Hi Martina, I shared the tracking number but paypal said they decided in the seller’s favour because it was an invalid tracking number. I double, and triple checked the tracking on the carriers website and it is valid, and delivered. Interestingly i had no option to appeal the decision, no button appeared with this option and your customer service is non-existant. 😞
Login to Me Too

PayPal_Martina
Administrator
Administrator

Hi @Clarkda,

Thank you for getting back to me! 

Our Customer Service is open and available. If you want to contact our Customer Service, you can click ‘Help & Contact’ at the bottom of any PayPal page to see which options are available. You can also contact us on Facebook (www.facebook.com/PayPal) or on Twitter (@AskPayPal). Please note that in order to be valid, the tracking number needs to show that the item has been delivered to the address provided by us.

I hope this helps,

Martina

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.