Refund for an Item I no longer want. URGENT PLEASE!

SylviaLao8
New Community Member

I bought an item and the buyer said they had not received the money yet, so being fair I decided to allow them the time to see if the money would appear in their account before sent my address because there needed to be some discussion around that. I waited around 3 days and still hadn't gotten a reply so i messaged him and he told me he would but then didn't message me after that. all in all it took me around 2 weeks to get a reply after which that point i was frustrated and and asked for a refund,he told me he wasn't going to give me a refund as he said no refunds on his post which he didn't and I have proof of that. So my question is would I be eligible for a buyer refund through buyer protection?

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

Ragnar_Lothbrok
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Good day @SylviaLao8 

Welcome to the community and thanks for posting.

I completely understand how a situation like this can be incredibly frustrating when you have waited so long to get what you order.

Cancellation of an order is not a feature or protection that PayPal offers but we offer coverage for a buyer when an item isn’t received or if received but significantly not as described. That being said, I encourage you to open a Dispute through PayPal against your seller. Since, you have communicated with your seller already and tried to resolve the issue between you two but seems to be such an ongoing process. It is recommended to escalate the case to a Claim.

For your reference, please click the link/s below.

What if I didn't receive my item or it's not as advertised? 

How do I escalate a dispute to a claim? 

Note: Please don't worry about the refund policy that your seller is telling you. PayPal will still validate the case and will decide fairly.

***If you saw a post that is helpful, kindly give the author Kudos and/or accept it as a solution. Thank you and keep safe!

Login to Me Too

oscarfairtex
Contributor
Contributor

@Ragnar_Lothbrok Can you please reply to my thread? I need help

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.