Refund for Ryanair flight

Devlino
Contributor
Contributor

Ryanair have cancelled my flights for 2 days time, impossible to contact them, refund form constantly throws an error up,can refund be claimed back through Paypal?

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

KGonzaga
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee
Hi @Devlino, Thank you for using PayPal. To answer your question; yes, you can definitely get your refund through PayPal provided that the transaction was completed through PayPal. If contacting the merchant is out of the question, we could try and file a dispute case through the resolution center. Please check the article for reference: https://www.paypal.com/us/smarthelp/article/i-didn't-receive-my-item-or-it's-different-than-describe... Hope this helps.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
33 REPLIES 33
Solved

KGonzaga
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee
Hi @Devlino, Thank you for using PayPal. To answer your question; yes, you can definitely get your refund through PayPal provided that the transaction was completed through PayPal. If contacting the merchant is out of the question, we could try and file a dispute case through the resolution center. Please check the article for reference: https://www.paypal.com/us/smarthelp/article/i-didn't-receive-my-item-or-it's-different-than-describe... Hope this helps.
Login to Me Too

FrancisK9
Contributor
Contributor
I tried this but my dispute was automatically rejected by PayPal because I paid for the ticket just over six months ago. Problem not solved.
Login to Me Too

Kunami
Contributor
Contributor

Hello,

my flight was cancelled too on march 2020 and I payed for the tickets on January 2020; now I would like my money back but Ryanair is not responding at any request.

Now I would like to know, is it worth to apply for a claim?

Has anyone got a refund for Ryanair cancelled flight?

What does Paypal say about this?

Anybody from Paypal assistance can help us?

Thank you.

Login to Me Too

Devlino
Contributor
Contributor

I have applied through the resolution centre but PayPal keep changing the estimated case resolution, I'm on the 3rd change now, it moved from April to May 3rd to May 10th, no explanations, I suspect it will move again.

Login to Me Too

Devlino
Contributor
Contributor

Resolution date changed for the 4th time, it's a joke.

Login to Me Too

FrancisK9
Contributor
Contributor
PayPal are not interested in actually helping us....
Login to Me Too

mccyberchris

Mine changed from 20th May to 11th June!! If they keep pushign it will be more than 6 months since I made the purchase. Ryanair have said they will refund me but that was in March and heard nothing since.

Login to Me Too

Devlino
Contributor
Contributor

Well the resolution date has moved 5 times now, can you explain this, tried pp chat but gave up after 5 hrs waiting, then got a reply 2 days later saying virtually nothing and no real answer.

Login to Me Too

oranze
Contributor
Contributor

Same situation,

Ryanair chat is offline, hi not taking a phones, refund buttons on ryanair.com just not working (return all time 404 error by Ajax web call). Hi not answering for emails. Company just won't make refunds for a customers. I'm like a web developer can easily say what refund mechanism on site just switched off.

Already from 17.March waiting dispute result from Paypal

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.