Refund due was charged to account, not refunded.

Clare45
Contributor
Contributor

Hi,

I ordered food using UberEats some of which arrived inedible, they agreed to refund me the specific item and sent a refund receipt for this over e-mail. I assumed all was fine until I saw that both my bank statement and PayPal transactions show they charged me the refund, instead of returning it to me.

It's almost like they requested a refund from my account the way it appears in my PayPal transactions. Their customer support have been utterly useless and frustrating, Paypal is my only hope at getting back the money. I opened a 'billing dispute' in the resolution center and included all my evidence. This got rejected as they said it wasn't a billing issue. I don't know how to proceed. Should I open another claim under 'unauthorised transaction'? I don't want to get rejected again, if anyone can suggest the best way to proceed. 

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

Clare45
Contributor
Contributor

For anyone else who experiences this issue, I got help from a PayPal customer support agent. They confirmed that my described problem is not a billing dispute and instead a claim should be filed under 'Not-as-Described'.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.