Refund case closed and decided in my favor but still no refund?

KTM_Max
Contributor
Contributor

Hi All,

I bought an iPhone for €450.00, the seller and I agreed shipping but the seller did not ship the item, he then sent a refund via an invalid e check on PayPal. I then opened a dispute with PayPal, to which the seller never replied so the case was closed in my favor. I still haven't received any refund from PayPal, 5 days have passed since the cased was closed in my favor. What is the issue?

Many thanks. 

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@KTM_Max 

Did you escalate the dispute to a claim?

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

KTM_Max
Contributor
Contributor

@kernowlass Thank you, I don't seem to be able to escalate the dispute to a claim. Does it matter if the case is already closed? 

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@KTM_Max 

A dispute is for you to negotiate with the seller and the seller offer a refund or part refund or whatever.

However if you can't resolve things and you do not receive a refund then you must escalate to a claim as only when its a claim do paypal get involved.

Not sure how it can have gone in your favour if you did not escalate to a claim and get paypals decision?

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

nadineghobady
New Community Member

Hi, 

did you receive your refund yet? im in a similar situation and has been ongoing since the end of April. dispute has been closed and in my favour but no refund, appreciate it may take longer to process due to covid but wondering if I am going to be fobbed off. They have stopped responding to me on twitter so currently on here again waiting for a response.  thank you

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.