Refund cancelled

LazK_
New Community Member
I started a case against someone on the PayPal resolution centre because he didn’t send the item and said that it got stolen before he could send it off. He responded a few days later and the status on the case said ‘refunded’ so the case is now closed. I waited for a month for the refund to go through and last week I got an email from PayPal saying refund declined? I don’t get how it can say ‘refunded’ and then they can cancel the payment? Need some help ASAP. Thanks.
Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PayPal_Martina
Administrator
Administrator

Hi @LazK_,

Thank you for your post and welcome to the Community Forum! 

I am sorry to hear that the refund has been declined. Usually, this happens if the seller issued the refund through an eChecque. To resolve the issue, the case should be reopened and the refund issued again. To do so, please contact our Customer Service!

If you want to contact our Customer Service, you can click ‘Help & Contact’ at the bottom of any PayPal page to see which options are available. You can also contact us on Facebook (www.facebook.com/PayPal) or on Twitter (@AskPayPal).

I hope this helps!

Martina 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.