Refund cancelled ??

gadger999
New Community Member
Hiya guys..bought a riding jacket for ££267 2 weeks ago.. unfortunately royal mail destroyed it as it had air canisters inside.. seller promised to refund money. Butvpaymrnt refund had now gone from pending to cancelled..a case is open but how do I escalate it ??
Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@gadger999 

https://www.paypal.com/uk/smarthelp/article/how-do-i-escalate-a-dispute-to-a-claim-faq822

When a refund is canceled, it means the seller has no funds in their PayPal balance and/or their bank to cover your refund. You might not be able to get a refund at this time.

If PayPal does not refund you out of their pocket as a courtesy, PayPal will try to recover the money when, if ever, the seller receives a payment into their PayPal account or they buy something with a credit card via PayPal and PayPal tacks on what is owed along with the purchase.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

gadger999
New Community Member
Thanks...I thought as a secure way to pay that PayPal automatically refunded you...can I lodge a refund claim via my bank ??
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.