Refund cancelled

xasterix
Contributor
Contributor

Hi. The eBay seller cancelled my already-paid item on August 24 and offered a refund. The 'refund pending' status was logged on my PayPal activity log until September 4. It suddenly changed to "refund cancelled." I tried opening a case on that activity item but PayPal said it couldn't open a case because I had already been fully paid- despite me receiving the activity notif and email that the refund had been cancelled! Seller said it was an error on PayPal's part, and that he had already fully paid for the refund. I didn't believe him so I opened a case on the original purchase item. PayPal ruled in my favor without waiting for the seller to reply- but it gave no details on how to fix the cancelled refund, the case resolution just recommended refund! Now I don't know what to do as I can't raise a case on either activity item (fund cancellation or original purchase). How will I get my refund? TIA.

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PayPal_Olivia

Hi @xasterix,

I'm very sorry that you can't open a dispute because of the failed refund. Please contact customer service for assistance with opening a dispute.

To contact customer service, please click Contact at the bottom of the PayPal website for available options, or reach out by PM on Facebook or DM on Twitter.

I hope this is resolved quickly!

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.