Refund an unauthorised purchase

Jennywren77
New Community Member
Hi my son purchased an in app game purchase of $289.95 game was roblox and it let him buy game money without my permission can I claw back the money or stop the process it amsays it has gone through but hasn't hit my account yet. Thanks jenny
Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

PotpotHo
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee
Hello @Jennywren77, the best way for you to get the money back is to contact the merchant and ask for a refund. Merchants contact information can be found on the transaction activity or thru the email receipt PayPal sent. Thank you
Login to Me Too

bellah_24
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee
Hi @Jennywren77 thank you for reaching out to PayPal Community Forum. I agree to the previous post,it's better to contact the merchant and ask for refund. But,if you are not able to resolve the issue with the seller,you can file a dispute. As you mentioned it was NOT authorized,you can file a dispute regarding that. Please click the link to see how you can file a dispute with PayPal. https://www.paypal.com/au/smarthelp/article/how-do-i-report-unauthorised-paypal-account-activity-faq... If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the community by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.