Refund after accidental wrong case type?

MarianLi1
New Community Member

A company that I used to have a pre-approved payment agreement with seems to have had some sort of glitch in their software as they charged me several times in the matter of a few minutes. Luckily, I was at my computer at the time so I was able to log in and cancel the payment agreement in time, but 8 transactions still managed to get through.

I wanted to mark these transactions as unauthorised, but I didn't properly look into how this is done, and I opened a paypal case of the unauthorised activity type, as that sounded right to me. This case was closed (as I didn't realise that meant I was reporting someone had unauthorised access to my paypal account, not that the payments were unauthorised), but when I try to somehow request a refund or open a new case (as the merchant is refusing to refund me when contacted directly), I can't because there is a case that on those transactions. The case is closed, so I'm confused why I can't seem to open any sort of new case on these transactions.

Is there any way to approve or accept the outcome of the first case so I can open a new case of a different (hopefully correct) type?

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.