Refund Using Limited Account

BestBidderUS
Contributor
Contributor

Hi, PayPal recently very unfairly and arbitrarily permanently limited my account. I have money stuck in my PayPal cash account and was told that it would be held there for 6 months. However, I was told that I could still issue refunds on my account and that my PayPal cash balance would be used first and then the rest would be withdrawn from my checking account. However, the entire refund amount was taken from my checking account and nothing was taken from my PayPal cash balance. Is this only because the refund exceeded the amount in my PayPal cash balance or is all of my PayPal cash balance basically frozen???

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@BestBidderUS 

Yeah, I think it's because you didn't have enough in your PayPal balance, you were incorrectly informed:

https://www.paypal.com/us/smarthelp/article/why-did-paypal-issue-my-refund-as-an-echeck-faq4002

Btw, I suggest opening a case with bbb.org under PayPal San Jose CA to get PayPal Office of Executive Escalations to review your account to see if your account was banned in error due to some false positive decision by the security system or a misunderstanding.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.