Refund, Unauthorized transactions

Bridgetj1
New Community Member

I was issued a refund through PayPal according to my account due to some unauthorized activity. The case was closed yesterday and it said the payment would be returned to the original payment, however I haven’t received the money. Can anybody help me?

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PayPal_david

Hey Bridgetj1.

Welcome to the Community!

If there has been a refund processed through your PayPal account, there are different ways that the refund can be issued depending on how the original payment was funded. 

• If your payment came from your card, it will be refunded to that card. Depending on your card issuer, it may take up to 30 days to complete a refund.
  • If your payment came from your bank account, it will be refunded to that bank account. This can take on average between 3 and 5 working days to complete processing to your bank. 
  • If your payment came from your PayPal balance, it will be refunded to your PayPal balance.
  • If you paid part with your PayPal balance and the rest with your debit or credit card, we'll refund the amount paid by debit or credit card directly to the card, and the rest to the PayPal balance.
  • If you paid part with your PayPal balance and the rest with your bank account, we'll refund the amount paid by bank account directly to that bank and the rest will return to the PayPal balance.

I hope this helps.

David.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.