Refund Process Questions

shanz87
New Community Member

Hey guys,

So basically I contacted a seller on instagram to buy a clothing item from him and we agreed on $43 USD to ship to Canada from the USA, plus $1 for buyer protection on paypal. As soon as I sent the money he confirmed he got the money and said he'd send out the hat shortly after, but during the following week for sure. It was after that message that he no longer responded to me or any of my questions regarding the item and if it had been shipped or any updates at all. It is now close to 4 weeks later of me checking in and not getting any responses even read by the seller, I've escalated the refund to paypal but i'm wondering if there's a quicker way to get the refund rather than waiting for the seller to contact paypal like the website says he has to. Considering he hasn't responded at all to me or the initial paypal refund claim I don't want to wait another week for him to ignore paypal before they even take a look at the claim. Any suggestions or help is much appreciated!

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PayPal_DavidR

Hi there,

Welcome tot he PayPal Community.

Here's how to open a dispute:

1. Click Tools at the top of the page and then click Resolution Centre.
  2. Click Report a Problem.
  3. Locate the transaction you want to dispute.
  4. Click the radio button beside the transaction, and click Continue.
  5. Select the reason for your dispute, and click Continue.
  6. Follow the instructions on the page.

After you open a dispute, you have 20 calendar days to communicate with the seller before the dispute automatically closes. If you can't resolve the problem, you can ask us to investigate by escalating your dispute to a claim.

Here's how to escalate a dispute to a claim:

1. Click Tools at the top of the page and then click Resolution Centre.
  2. Click View next to the dispute you want to escalate.
  3. Click Escalate this dispute to a PayPal claim near the bottom of the page.
  4. Follow the instructions and click Escalate to a claim.

We will contact you if we need additional information. We will try to make a decision within 30 days.

The only faster way to get a refund is for the seller to issue a refund themselves. 

-David R

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.