Refund Problem

Temp20210517A
New Community Member

I have done a payment after delivery on something I have purchased however at day 12 and still nothing received I contacted the seller, they advised they had no stock and would issue a full refund, the refund has been done but says completed on Paypal and that the refund and payment are settled and no payment would be taken because it was less than 14 days however the payment debited my bank on the 6th May for £23.98 to <Removed> as Primrose so how do I get my refund for the goods I haven’t had but <Removed> have paid the refund back into PayPal on May 5th. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Temp20210517A 

If you funded the payment to the seller using bank transfer. What PayPal do here is credit the recipient on your behalf (so there is no delay in despatching your item). Then if you receive a refund in the meantime they are unable to issue this until the original bank transfer completes.

So you had one payment out (the later one) and one payment in (the refund) so back to normal.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.