Refund Issues & Disagreement with Paypal Dispute Decision

genesis2131
Contributor
Contributor

Hi!

Long story short. I ordered items from a store out in China, and they sent 4/5 items incorrectly. I asked if they could pay for return shipping in order to send the correct items and with the right sizing - they said no as the shipping from Canada costs too much.

My total purchase was for about $130usd total. They offered my about 5 times coupons for different amounts such as $11usd, $22usd to use on a future purchase. I told the I wasn't looking to buy MORE product from them, nor did I want a discount code.. PLUS these items do not fit me so what am I supposed to do with them. 

I also asked for a full refund to myself as.. the product are from China. They definitely aren't worth what I paid for them anyways and they said no. After filing a claim with Paypal.. Paypal has decided that I should ship the items all back... shipping costs over $100 with all companies I've checked. How does this make any sense? Has anyone else had this issue? Paypal telling you to ship items back to a country where it costs an arm and a leg in order to get your refund? Can i get this decision changed?

Thank you

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@genesis2131 

In the event of a dispute you need to bear in mind possible return trackable costs before you buy from that seller / item / country because....

Paypal state this >>
PayPal is not obliged to reimburse you for any costs that you incur to comply with any of PayPal’s requests for cooperation for the purpose of resolving the problem (including, without limitation, costs that you incur to return a SNAD item to the Payment Recipient or another party as PayPal requests), although sometimes it may reimburse these costs.

Although they will compensate you for some of the cost if you have activated this at some point before you made that transaction.
https://www.paypal.com/ca/for-you/shop/refunded-returns

You also have the option to do a chargeback via your card issuer instead of a Paypal dispute if you funded your Paypal payment via a credit card.

TRY AND AVOID THESE IN FUTURE........

Chinese Web Sites or on Social Media ads easy to spot (once you know the below signs) so buyer beware.

1. No return address on the returns policy............thats because the site will look as if its in your country (where they despatch goods from) BUT they will ask for returns to go back to China (returns depot) at a shipping cost nearly always more than the item is worth.
2. No contact telephone number............if you click on contact the most you will get is webmail or an email address.
3. No company address information.
4. Great looking items at bargain prices that turn out to be tat.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Sylviegoulet
Contributor
Contributor

I have the exact same problem, order from China was not at all what the description said. I wanted a refund they kept emailing me to take coupon not even close to the amount it cost me. I did a dispute through PayPal and they told me I had to ship it back with tracking info. I did all that but when I typed in the tracking number I did a typo error I tried to correct it but it wouldn’t let me so I went to message Center ask Carlene Mae the girl that respond to me. I sent her the right tracking information, she confirm that she replaced it and also confirm I was getting my money back plus $30.00 for the shipping. After doing all this PayPal sent me a email saying my case was closed and not in my favour because I didn’t provide a tracking number. Now they are saying I have to appeal because my case is closed and in order to do that I have to go to my close case under action click on appeal but there is no appeal button. I was told that the button will not be there after 10 days that the case is closed ( it’s only been 4 days) but I’m guessing by the time it gets done it will be too late. I guess that’s how they get away with things, I’m trying to get a hold of someone on message Center again but it’s not working there’s a message to get a hold of them some other way, which there isn’t. I am so disappointed with PayPal.

Login to Me Too

genesis2131
Contributor
Contributor

@kernowlass Yes! Definitely next time I will not be ordering from places like these!

@SylviegouletWhere did you ship from that it cost you only $30? I do hope that PayPal gives you a resolution soon as you did what was asked except for a small error!!! I'm also glad you have been able to speak to someone as I am having no luck reaching someone in the messaging centre..

Login to Me Too

Sylviegoulet
Contributor
Contributor
I shipped from Canada but it was a small package. Still no luck with message center, they didn’t get back to me yet.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.