Refund Due, seller won't respond, dispute system broken

mattytwills
Contributor
Contributor

Hi all,

I made a purchase to 'Benir Clothing' on 02/09 for £34.99 - it was clothing. It didn't fit. I returned it by 1st class tracked postage on the 7th September and by the 8th September I had checked the tracking number and it had been signed for by someone and successfully delivered to the sellers return address. I have tracking numbers, proof of postage and everything. I contacted the seller to ask if they had recieved my parcel on the 9th September (Day after they received it) and they said no. I thought this was peculiar, so I told them it had been signed for, by 'DASSOW' at 11:21am on 8th September. This is when they went quiet on me. They didn't respond to this, or my next email, or my next. It's now the 14th September and I've had no reply or refund from them for this return. They've effectively stolen my money. I went through PayPal's dispute a transaction process, but the limited options you press don't cover my particular problem, so I just go round and round in circles. That's why I'm posting on here. Does anybody have any suggestions?

Thanks, Matt

p.s. - DO NOT buy from Benir Clothing! 

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@mattytwills 

Did you open a dispute for item received but not as described?

Did you escalate to a claim?

Did paypal find in your favour?

Did they tell you to return the goods and supply them with a tracking number. 

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

mattytwills
Contributor
Contributor

Did you open a dispute for item received but not as described? - No. I followed their return process as advised in their parcel. I didn't see the need for any dispute at this stage as wrong sizes for clothing are common.

Did you escalate to a claim? - Again, no, I didn't see the need for any dispute at this stage - however as mentioned above I did try to dispute/escalate this morning, however PayPal's broken dispute system doesn't allow you to select 'other' as an issue. It limits you to 4 choices which didn't accurately represent my issue so it was taking me round in circles; hence why I posted on here looking for some constructive feedback

Did paypal find in your favour? - N/A as per above

Did they tell you to return the goods and supply them with a tracking number. - Yes. And I did so. But they are no longer responding to me.

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@mattytwills 

Then you would need to start the dispute process and if you win provide paypal with your tracking number.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.