Refund/Dispute After 180 Days... Help?

RemnantWarlord
Contributor
Contributor

I have an incredibly complicated scenario on my hands, and am willing to provide screenshots of proof. I'm not sure there's anything I can do at this point, but I'll do anything I can to resolve this situation.

Last year, in Facebook Messenger private messages, I commissioned a seller for roughly $600USD worth of merchandise. I sent the seller themselves $450USD on April 22nd, 2019, and I was asked to send another person $165USD (which shows on my Summary for $230.22AUD) on their behalf. Granted, I thought this was a little sketchy, but did it regardless. I had also shipped them an item worth $600USD to equal the total worth of the item I was supposed to receive. The seller was (and still is) incredibly poor with frequent contact or they are straight up ignoring me. I have yet to receive the item I paid for, or even proof that work had started on the item. I am out nearly $700USD (I had to pay them $42USD to have my $600USD item shipped back to me in July of 2019) and I am not sure whether or not there's anything I can do about this. This is incredibly frustrating, can I get some help?

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@RemnantWarlord 

If its over 180 days then sadly nothing paypal will be able to do for you, even credit card limits are about the same time frame, sometimes less.

If she is in the same country as you then do you have a small claims court or similar?

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

RemnantWarlord
Contributor
Contributor
I do have a small claims court, and she is in my country, yes! I'll definitely look into that and send her a message. Thank you so much!
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.