Refund Denied

SirJAM1
Contributor
Contributor
On July 18th, 2020 I ordered a Portable Ice Maker found on Facebook using my paypal account in the amount of $29.98. The seller sent me a pair of sun glasses, not the ice maker. I made contact with the seller and received return shipping instructions. I returned the sunglasses at a cost of $17.25 and to date still no ice maker. I filed a case with the Paypal Resolution Center and was notified as of today they are denying the request for refund because "the merchant has tracking information that item was recieved". Yeah, a pair of sunglasses, not the ice maker! What are the next steps taken to receive a refund?
Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@SirJAM1 

In which case did you open a dispute for non receipt of item OR item received but not as described?

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

KatieJ831

Same thing happened to me. I purchased an ice maker and received a cheap wrist watch. The seller is insisting I either A) accept a partial refund or B) ship the wrist watch back to them to receive a full refund. I've opened a dispute, but paypal is saying I now must send back the item to receive refund. I refuse to pay MORE money to send back an item I didnt order. Very upset. Hoping there will be some sort of resolution.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.