Recourse after resolution centre closes case without providing information?

amszephyr
Contributor
Contributor

I had a claim against Gearbest for non-delivery of an item. The tracking information I was provided by Gearbest showed the item never leaving China, yet I have just received an email from PayPal’s resolution centre claiming they were provided with tracking information that showed my item WAS delivered to me in the UK.

I have not been provided with the proof of delivery nor can I comment on or query this since PayPal has closed the case.

What recourse do I have? How can I access this so-called proof of delivery or communicate with PayPal to request the so-called proof?

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

amszephyr
Contributor
Contributor

I solved the issue myself by phoning 0800 358 7911 (UK PayPal customer service) and a very helpful woman looked at my case and said it was utter rubbish, I’d been unfairly treated and it was PayPal’s mistake that the case was found against me in the absence of full tracking information that conclusively proved delivery.

She refunded me while I was still on the phone.

Thank you to those who offered suggestions.

Looks like a quick chat with a human is still sometimes the best solution! 

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
7 REPLIES 7

Christie5
Contributor
Contributor
My husband never received an item and opened several disputes with EBay and PayPal all of which were closed in favour of the seller due to their being a 'valid tracking number.' We have a letter from Royal Mail stating that the tracking number does not match the address we provided EBay/PayPal and still PayPal would not refund us. We then opened a small claims court claim against PayPal and they are still refusing to refund us as we put the incorrect address for PayPal on the claim form. We were clearly subject to fraud and we thought that was the whole reason PayPal existed to protect consumers against fraudulent activity. It seems that any seller can get a 'tracking number' and show that the item is delivered even if it is to a completely different address.
Login to Me Too

nevadasmith
Advisor
Advisor

@Christie5 wrote:
My husband never received an item and opened several disputes with EBay and PayPal all of which were closed in favour of the seller due to their being a 'valid tracking number.' We have a letter from Royal Mail stating that the tracking number does not match the address we provided EBay/PayPal and still PayPal would not refund us. We then opened a small claims court claim against PayPal and they are still refusing to refund us as we put the incorrect address for PayPal on the claim form. We were clearly subject to fraud and we thought that was the whole reason PayPal existed to protect consumers against fraudulent activity. It seems that any seller can get a 'tracking number' and show that the item is delivered even if it is to a completely different address.

do not hijack other people's thread,

Paypal and Ebay go by tracking,if it is under $750,if tracking shows it has been delivered to your zipcode,then seller wins.

Login to Me Too

nevadasmith
Advisor
Advisor

you can always file chargeback with you cc issuer

Login to Me Too

nevadasmith
Advisor
Advisor

did you open  a case of item not received,if so,find the case in your resolution center and look for the tracking number,

what does it say?

if no tracking or trcking shows no delivery,then appeal

Login to Me Too

amszephyr
Contributor
Contributor

The tracking information I have access to (as mentioned in my original post) simply shows the item left China; not that it arrived in the UK nor was delivered to my address. 

And how does one appeal?

It’s not obvious how you can respond to a ‘closed’ case. 

Any help gratefully received. 

My paympent source is my current account and thus no protection from a credit card etc. is pertinent here, sadly. 

Login to Me Too
Solved

amszephyr
Contributor
Contributor

I solved the issue myself by phoning 0800 358 7911 (UK PayPal customer service) and a very helpful woman looked at my case and said it was utter rubbish, I’d been unfairly treated and it was PayPal’s mistake that the case was found against me in the absence of full tracking information that conclusively proved delivery.

She refunded me while I was still on the phone.

Thank you to those who offered suggestions.

Looks like a quick chat with a human is still sometimes the best solution! 

Login to Me Too

Christie5
Contributor
Contributor
That's great but unfortunately we had numerous telephone conversations with PayPal even when sending full blown proof from Royal Mail that the tracking number linked to an entirely different address they would still not refund us!
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.