Receiving an item that was cancelled and no cooperation from seller about return.

bodle
New Community Member

I placed and order for an item on 12-3-20 in the amount of $89.00.  I checked periodically on the tracking of this item and it seemed to stall on Dec.11.

I could get no updates and seller knew I was concerned as it was a Christmas present for my 5 year old granddaughter.  He could offer no solution other than if it does not arrive by Christmas I could cancel.  On 12-23 I cancelled the order expected a refund.  On 12-30 the item arrived and I advised seller to send return information.  I also contacted Pay Pal about disputing the charges.  I have been told since the item has been received, the case is closed. Why should I have to pay return postage on an item that I cancelled because of nonreceipt by the date it was promised?

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@bodle 

In the event of a dispute you need to bear in mind possible return trackable costs before you buy from that seller / item / country because....

Paypal state this >>
PayPal is not obliged to reimburse you for any costs that you incur to comply with any of PayPal’s requests for cooperation for the purpose of resolving the problem (including, without limitation, costs that you incur to return a SNAD item to the Payment Recipient or another party as PayPal requests), although sometimes it may reimburse these costs.

Although they will compensate you for some of the cost if you have activated this at some point before you made that transaction.
https://www.paypal.com/us/smarthelp/article/FAQ3544

You also have the option to do a chargeback via your card issuer instead of a Paypal dispute if you funded your Paypal payment via a credit card.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.