Received goods 1 day after refund issued

heylinb4nz
Contributor
Contributor

So after waiting over 3+ months for goods to arrive, Paypal issue me a refund. At this stage I had already repurchased the goods (car audio) as I needed to sort my system out. Literally the next day the goods show up...now surplus to my requirements.

I had already listed goods for sale and intend to pay back the seller once sold. but failing that is it the Sellers or DHL responsibility to send me a return label so goods can be sent back ? I don't think I need to pay to send back since it was DHL that exceeded their delivery timeframe (by 1 month).

My understanding is the contract is between the Seller and DHL now, and its not my problem. Any ongoing loss should be incurred by these parties.

Seller is now trying to get refund reversed and leaving me with goods I don't require now.

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

PayPal_Tricia
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Hi @heylinb4nz

I'm sorry to hear of the trouble with this transaction. 

Have you discussed returning the item with the merchant? If not, I recommend reaching out to the merchant to advise you're willing to return the item and request a return shipping label. 

I hope this information helps!

Thanks, 
PayPal_Tricia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the community by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.
Login to Me Too

heylinb4nz
Contributor
Contributor
Seller has tried at their end to get a return label from DHL, but DHL want to charge them 200 euro, item value was less than this. Im currently trying to get the delivery partner in my country to return at no charge. Failing that my only option is to keep try selling and credit the seller back. Its annoying as it chewing up alot of my time and its really DHL issue for losing the package out of their system. It took an investigation of 2 weeks and another week of shipping before it finally arrived.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.