Received a collection letter.

tapanij
New Community Member

I received a collection letter from American Coradius International LLC. I have not used Paypal for a long time. The charges were not created by me. Some time ago someone used my Name, SSN, address etc. to apply Paypal debit card. I got a letter from Paypal saying they had declined the application. I called Paypal customer service saying that I have never applied a Paypal debit card. I got a feeling there is another email (not mine) linked to a Paypal account with my information. I never got a resolution to that issue. Because I have not received any communication from Paypal about missing payments I guess the emails go to the other account's email address. What should I do to find a resolution to this issue?

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

LinkedinM
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Hi @tapanij 

I'm sorry to read about your issue. This is something that needs more investigation and a rare occasion were I would direct someone to contact customer care directly as they will need to discuss with you.

The phone lines are currently limited due to the Covid-19 emergency so you may want to send an email or go to the message center and chat with a live agent. You should see a link in the help center at the bottom of a web browser page on PayPal.

I hope this info is of benefit to you and I have faith it will be all resolved for you. 

****If you see a helpful post, please accept it as a solution or give the author kudos. 🙂 Thanks!****

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.