Received Refund Because Seller Never Responded, do I have to return the item in question?

willjicar
New Community Member

I bought a phone off of Ebay last month, and after a week it broke, the seller sold it as fully functioning, so I claimed for a refund, Ebay accepted but then the seller don't me to cancel so they could send a label themselves, therefore I did this and after that they never responded. So I claimed a refund through PayPal and after the seller not responding for 10 days I received the refund in full. 

But what next? The refund didn't mention anything about sending the broken item back, and I don't really wanna send it back because it would mean me having to dig around for an address, and then paying for shipment, i'd rather just throw it in the bin. But I would prefer to be certain, I emailed PayPal but was given an automatic response that didn't help.

Anyone had a situation like this?

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@willjicar 

If the seller does not respond then paypal do not tell you to return the item.

However personally i would contact the seller and state that you are more than happy to return it when he supplies a paid shipping label for you.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@willjicar 

If the seller does not respond then paypal do not tell you to return the item.

However personally i would contact the seller and state that you are more than happy to return it when he supplies a paid shipping label for you.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

willjicar
New Community Member

Thanks bro, just wanted to make sure I didn't have to pay for it 

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@willjicar 

Your welcome but please don't call me a 'bro' I am NOT a bro.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.