Received Counterfeit Goods

RJSopko
Contributor
Contributor

I ordered Vionic sandals, after months I received counterfeit Vionic sandals.  Although the tracking showed from China (which was my first indicator) the shipping label said California.  I opened a dispute with Paypal and they will issue a refund but I have to pay to ship them back to China.  Obviously it is not worth the cost to ship them back to China, and I believe it's illegal to ship counterfeit goods.  Any advice - can I open a dispute with my credit card, that's how I paid, just via Paypal.

Thanks!

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

paulhbrown
Contributor
Contributor

I have the same problem. Ordered Merrell Moab 2 shoes. Paid with credit card through PayPal. Received counterfeit shoes: the soles wore out within 20 miles of hiking.

PayPal concluded that I had "altered" the shoes, without further explanation. So, ruled in favor of seller. I didn't see the seller's reply to my PayPal dispute.

You may get better results by going through your credit card company; PayPal, in my case, seems complicit with the seller of the counterfeit shoes.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.