Receive fake goods protected by rules

LukeLiu
Contributor
Contributor

I ordered a pair of glasses with strength on a website that claims to sell genuine designer glasses. I paid for the frames and lenses, but when I received the goods, I found the frames were a fake. I contacted paypal immediately to make a complaint, but paypal claimed that this is a customized item, because it is a lens with degree, so it cannot be recognized by the buyer's protection. I have tried to submit the proof that the frames are fake, and complained that the prices of the frames and lenses are two separate products. But the customer service of paypal told me that they would not care whether the seller sold fake goods as long as the goods contained customized products. I even contacted paypal and said that I would like to buy the lenses. I hope they could review my complaint about the frames separately, but they refused. I think the authenticity of a product is more important than whether it has a customized part. I need help, because the principle of "customized goods" in buyer protection protects a merchant selling fake goods, which makes me helpless.

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.