Rec'd request for money

Hillnj78
Contributor
Contributor
I rec'd request to send money to Support California Wildfires and didn't even contact them, How do I sent and block them
Login to Me Too
15 REPLIES 15

gabe-a
Contributor
Contributor

Hi @BCTopa 

Thanks -- and believe it or not, it looks like you're luckier than the OP and I are, as we cannot delete the invoices. Pressing "Cancel" does nothing on all browsers, just leads to the "View Invoice" screen and asks for payment. 

The irony is thick here. A fraudulent invoice comes in and I cannot even delete it. It sits there demanding payment and cannot be canceled. One of these days, I might accidentally click on "Pay" while scrolling down on the activity page, as the fraudulent invoice is always at the top of the activity screen demanding payment and cannot be removed, canceled, deleted, or dismissed

True fraud, and Paypal is shamefully and maddeningly incompetent enough to let the huge invoice remain permanently at the top of my activity screen demanding payment. I have emailed, chatted, everything. No luck, couldn't reach anyone except robotic L1 chat agents who rehash a dozen times the "steps to delete an invoice" despite my screenshot evidence that it doesn't work to do so. 

Why can't this company acknowledge they were manipulated and are playing into the hands of a crook? Further, why can't they fix it or LET ME DELETE THE FRAUDULENT INVOICE (LISTED AS "PENDING" ON TOP MY ACTIVITY SCREEN)? Very very frustrated. 

Login to Me Too

BCTopa
Contributor
Contributor

Hi @gabe-a,

To be clear, I am unable to delete the invoice - just to mark it as "cancel".  Apparently there is no way to delete these bogus/fraudulent invoices which is a BIG problem.  I did hear back via PP messaging -
"I understand your concern and I would have also felt the same if I were in your position. I am happy to see that you have successfully canceled the invoice and I am sorry that there is no option to remove the invoice from the account. Not to worry, your personal and financial details are safe and secure with PayPal and no one can capture the funds from your account, without your authorization."

I love that they can't remove it but, "Not to worry, your personal and financial details are safe and secure..."   The PayPal fraud/security department really needs to be able to remove these types of things.  Isn't that part of their job?? 

Login to Me Too

gabe-a
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks,

It's good to hear this perspective. To further clarify, both the OP and my case are different because we both cannot mark it as cancel. It remains permanently in Pending at the top of the activity page with a bright blue Pay button (and a Cancel button next to that which does nothing), with the caption "Your invoice is waiting." This is even more frustrating because I don't want it to wait -- quite the opposite, I want to at least cancel. 

I agree it is a shame it can't be removed, but I'm more concerned mine cannot be canceled at all. Pressing "Cancel" just leads me to the invoice description page with further options to pay (and no possible confirmation of cancellation; it's as if the Cancel button didn't exist. Tried multiple browsers, cleared cookies/cache, everything). We are experiencing a true glitch, and it's a scary one.

Login to Me Too

BCTopa
Contributor
Contributor

Yep, that is definitely problematic. I was also now told that because of "transparency" these fraudulent/phishing invoices cannot be removed.  That's insane! Hope you can at least get someone to help you get it canceled.

Login to Me Too

futunet
Contributor
Contributor

Same problem here. I have a fraudulent invoice from a Russian email address pretending to be GoDaddy.

They are clearly getting domain registration information and spamming registrant emails as part of a PayPal phishing scam.

Why isn't PayPal on top of this? 

And why isn't it possible to report or cancel fraudulent invoices? 

The fact that random people on the Internet can invoice Paypal accounts and users have no recourse is patently ridiculous.

One more reason to keep using Stripe over Paypal. 

Login to Me Too

ogbadape
Contributor
Contributor
I received a invoice for a large amount of money from someone I do not know. It seems like scam or fraud. And paypal won't let me cancel the invoice.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.