Reborn Doll Shop SCAM

karen139
Contributor
Contributor

How many people have been scammed by <removed> or another similar website? I am beyond FURIOUS that PayPal will not settle the dispute in my favor! The doll I received was a cheap $5 doll that I could have picked up at Walmart. I feel like PayPal is part of this scam because they have so many disputes about this website, but they continue to partner with them and allow sales to happen and people to be scammed. Well, guess what PayPal? I won't stop until I get my refund!

Login to Me Too
52 REPLIES 52

A-Fox
New Community Member

i'm having the same issue. now the company has a US address but they ( company AND paypal) are making me send it to their China address. That's going to cost me $70 and they do not guarantee tracking when it reaches china. Paypal has offered to help pay shipping up to $30. I shouldn't be out at minimum $40 (after shipping refund) when they didn't send me the doll I ordered. How is there no recourse for this? 

Looks like you can't really trust paypal anymore this scam stuff is everywhere and they do not stop letting sites use them when scam reports come up. They do not support the customer. I say stick with Amazon at least they support their customers!

Login to Me Too

scubberly
Contributor
Contributor

dump paypal!

Login to Me Too

djensen0820
Contributor
Contributor
Yes! Rebornshoppe is hiding behind PayPal! Neither company is scrupulous.
Login to Me Too

Kalysa1982
Contributor
Contributor
Yes PayPal has known about the reborn doll scam for a long time they have had many customers tell them the same thing and still say we have to send the scam doll back to the seller in China fully tracked to get a full refund.It is ridiculous PayPal should be getting these Chinese scammers taken off there site but they are not.I am getting the impression now that it is not safe to pay with PayPal if they can’t protect customers from scammers.
Login to Me Too

djensen0820
Contributor
Contributor
I have been giving them negative reviews on every website I can find to do so. Each time I leave a review, I take a screenshot and email it to Rebornshoppe. I have also had my friends and relatives emailing Rebornshoppe telling them that they will be giving them bad reviews until they refund me the money they owe me. So far it hasn't done anything, but maybe they will figure out that I may cost them more in lost sales than what it would be to send me the refund. It would be good if we could start a boycott of PayPal, but I don't have any idea how. People need to join together against companies with unscrupulous business practices, and put them out of business!
Login to Me Too

Kalysa1982
Contributor
Contributor
Yes I wish we could all boycott a PayPal for not investigating these companies as PayPal can see all these company names such as Papikia.com,Vekees.com. Colelila.com etc they are all on the reborn doll scam list all PayPal has to do is look them up and they would see they are all scams but they won’t do it. I first noticed these companies posting on Facebook on 23rd March 2020 since the Coronavirus lock down here in UK and I explained to the PayPal agent that these people on there website say they are in America and they are stealing photos and comments of reborn dolls from real reborn doll artists websites and posting it on there fake websites and they open all these websites under different names the Papikia website and Colelila website even had the same email address because they are all part of this Chinese scam in China and still PayPal did nothing it is ridiculous all the evidence is there all they have to do is look these websites up and they will see.I posted comments to warn other buyers that these websites are scams but they filter out all the comments they don’t like.It is so ridiculous PayPal is meant to protect people’s money from scammers like these especially when all the evidence is there I would not recommend people pay through PayPal after this it is to risky.
Login to Me Too

djensen0820
Contributor
Contributor
Rebornshoppe won't post one star reviews so my friend figured out to post a five star review but give honest information in the body of the review. We should all do that, and try to keep others from being scammed, and to keep this company from making money off unsuspecting victims. I read the reviews on their website before ordering and trusted them.
Login to Me Too

djensen0820
Contributor
Contributor
Rebornshoppe won't post one star reviews on their website, so people go there, see all these good reviews, and keep getting scammed by them. But my friend figured out to give them five stars but an honest review in the body. We should all do that to warn others about this company, so they don't get scammed too.
Login to Me Too

Kalysa1982
Contributor
Contributor
Yes I have been scammed too since the Coronavirus lockdown March 23rd 2020 these Chinese sellers appeared all over Facebook scamming people and on there website they are using USD but they are giving a Chinese address on PayPal these Chinese people selling these dolls are scammers and PayPal knows and still insist we have to send the scam doll back to them although they are probably giving a fake address and so we end up with nothing.PayPal are still not answering the phones so I messaged them and they said they can’t investigate them. I phoned consumer affairs and they said a PayPal should contact the police in China but they won’t they just say we have to send item back or they can’t refund I explained to them that it is probably a fake address and so us the customer still won’t get a refund. I can’t believe PayPal won’t investigate this these people have stolen money from so many good people they need to be stopped this is disgusting that PayPal won’t get the police in China involved and give all these people a full refund and if the scammer wants there item back they should pay for it as they knew they were scamming people they knew exactly what they were doing. They are evil criminals people are having a hard enough time with the Coronavirus Pandemic without the Chinese stealing from us.I am very disappointed with PayPal even with so many people saying to them they have been scammed by these people they do not investigate.They should be telling these scammers refund these customers money or they will get the police in China involved but they won’t PayPal is disgusting.
Login to Me Too

Jamieknittle
Has anyone filed With the BBB. That’s where I’m heading. Just got my doll today and I bought a more quality doll last week at Walmart for $10. It’s so bad. I’m furious.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.