Reborn Doll Scam from China

Robyn_xo
Contributor
Contributor

Hi there, I was wondering if anyone had any experience with receiving a doll that was not what it said it was? I am having issues, they offering me less and less each time for a refund, they finally agreed after 2 weeks to give me a full refund if I pay for shipping and tracking. Standard shipping is $28 and tracking is $116, which is insane as the cost of the doll is $190 CAD. Obviously it is not a coincidence. Does any one have any advice?

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Robyn_xo 

If you open a dispute with paypal and win then you would still have to return the item at your own expense unfortunately.

You best bet is to not buy tat from China websites or those on Facebook.............

In the event of a dispute you need to bear in mind possible return trackable costs before you buy from that seller / item / country.

Paypal state this >>
PayPal is not obliged to reimburse you for any costs that you incur to comply with any of PayPal’s requests for cooperation for the purpose of resolving the problem (including, without limitation, costs that you incur to return a SNAD item to the Payment Recipient or another party as PayPal requests), although sometimes it may reimburse these costs.

Although they will compensate you for some of the cost if you have activated this at some point before you made that transaction .....

https://www.paypal.com/ca/smarthelp/article/why-won%E2%80%99t-my-payment-be-available-for-21-days-fa...

You also have the option to do a chargeback via your card issuer instead of a Paypal dispute if you funded your Paypal payment via a credit card.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
16 REPLIES 16
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Robyn_xo 

If you open a dispute with paypal and win then you would still have to return the item at your own expense unfortunately.

You best bet is to not buy tat from China websites or those on Facebook.............

In the event of a dispute you need to bear in mind possible return trackable costs before you buy from that seller / item / country.

Paypal state this >>
PayPal is not obliged to reimburse you for any costs that you incur to comply with any of PayPal’s requests for cooperation for the purpose of resolving the problem (including, without limitation, costs that you incur to return a SNAD item to the Payment Recipient or another party as PayPal requests), although sometimes it may reimburse these costs.

Although they will compensate you for some of the cost if you have activated this at some point before you made that transaction .....

https://www.paypal.com/ca/smarthelp/article/why-won%E2%80%99t-my-payment-be-available-for-21-days-fa...

You also have the option to do a chargeback via your card issuer instead of a Paypal dispute if you funded your Paypal payment via a credit card.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Dawn412
Contributor
Contributor
I also was scammed. I can’t believe PayPal is still allowing this. I had to pay $65 to ship back to China. If I had known it was coming from China I would have never got it. Unfortunately, I didn’t look to much into it. Their about page said Alaska. And the package came from California. But here I am shipping to China. I am not done with my ordeal. I am hoping to get my full refund and $30 of my $65 return shipping back from PayPal. I am truly upset with PayPal for making us do this. They are allowing this scam to work for them and it’s disgusting.#reborndollshop.com
Login to Me Too

Pammy62
Contributor
Contributor
Dawn same thing happening to me. PayPal telling me I have to return the 2 dolls I bought to China. I never knew they came from China - in fact the package came from California. Did you ever get your refund? I’m afraid to send back and get nothing in the end. Thanks Pam
Login to Me Too

Dawn412
Contributor
Contributor
Yes, I did get the refund from PayPal and they reimbursed me $30 of the shipping. I was still out $35 of the remaining shipping.
Login to Me Too

Pammy62
Contributor
Contributor
Thanks Dawn! That makes me feel hopeful. I cannot believe Pypal makes us go through this torture. It was torture enough receiving these ugly beast dolls.
Login to Me Too

SammienTexas

I'm encouraged to know you received at least part of your return shipping cost from PayPal. I am facing the same situation with this company and have been trying to decide whether to ship back a $100 doll for $45 or not. I'm not sure it's worth my time to only get approximately half my cost refunded (after shipping). My fear is that they won't refund ANYTHING and will just resell that POC doll to some other unsuspecting **bleep**! I guess I'll pursue further with PayPal. Thanks for posting...oh how I wish I had done this review research BEFORE buying from this company!!

Login to Me Too

Cgooch
New Community Member

I just received 2 dolls from another company that ended up being China. Not only are these dolls a joke and half the size of what they were supposed to be they are male dolls with their anatomy. I ordered two female dolls that were totally different from each other These things are two of the same I ordered the dolls for my two little granddaughters and I am obviously not going to give them these dolls So I’m expecting Pay Pal to refund my money and if this company wants their crappy dolls back they can send me the postage paid shipping since they sent me the wrong <Bleep> anyway. I always thought when you use PayPal you were being safe but I guess not My credit card company is excellent in cases like this I wish I would have used that card instead of PayPal

Login to Me Too

Danielle3000
Contributor
Contributor
China has been lying about their location. When u order something it says USA after you pay it will say coming from china. It's not right or fair they can do this to us.
Login to Me Too

Sindrirune
New Community Member
It’s a year later since the original post and it seems it’s still an issue. The sites I went to has 3 different names yet when I look at my paypal payments the same person was paid .... I immediately cancelled the 1st order over 200.00 and was able to get a refund with PayPal’s help.... I then realized I had two more scams going on and like you once PayPal filed the dispute they start sending tracking numbers after the order wasn’t moving then I get a 8” rubber doll in a similar outfit as the REBORN I ordered which as suppose to be infant size 16”! Then I ordered what was suppose to be life size Dobby the elf that didn’t come and worse of all a bike helmet that was suppose to be regulation and look like predator from the movie. I got a piece of plastic small enough to fit in my mailbox .... all that has been sent arrived in a plastic bag and was left in the mailbox .... I was just waiting for a package like from amazon . I am so tired emotionally from this experience & just want it to end. I will not pay for the return and PayPal has promised a full refund.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.