Reborn Doll Scam from China

Robyn_xo
Contributor
Contributor

Hi there, I was wondering if anyone had any experience with receiving a doll that was not what it said it was? I am having issues, they offering me less and less each time for a refund, they finally agreed after 2 weeks to give me a full refund if I pay for shipping and tracking. Standard shipping is $28 and tracking is $116, which is insane as the cost of the doll is $190 CAD. Obviously it is not a coincidence. Does any one have any advice?

Login to Me Too
16 REPLIES 16

Poorme2020
Contributor
Contributor

Guys, lets all do this. Everytime you see a dodgy advert on FB, do a search for the same item to proof it is a scam. They usually rip off some legitimate website.  Then click on the top right corner of the FB ad and inform FB that this is a fraud.  If enough of us are doing this all the time, it will cause these scammers trouble to be blacklisted by FB algorithm.

Login to Me Too

Poorme2020
Contributor
Contributor

I am sorry you got scammed. I did too.  Its all these unscrupulous China scammers.

Guys, lets all do this. Everytime you see a dodgy advert on FB, do a search for the same item to proof it is a scam. They usually rip off some legitimate website.  Then click on the top right corner of the FB ad and inform FB that this is a fraud.  If enough of us are doing this all the time, it will cause these scammers trouble to be blacklisted by FB algorithm.

Login to Me Too

Robby04
New Community Member

I was scammed by Cargadgetss.   They posted photos and had videos of the dolls they were selling ‘Real life dolls’, 22 inches in size. They take your money, take 8 weeks before you receive a doll about 5 inches that looks nothing like what you ordered. They tell you the seller listed wrong doll and you got what they sell. They then start to offer you 5% refund and you keep the doll they sent. Probably worth $1.00. If you see the name cargadgetss - beware. Report them as they Are scammers. Tell everyone to avoid their website.  
i have lodged a complaint with Paypal and hope to get a full refund.  I told cargadgetss i would send their crappy doll back at their expense due to it being fraudulent advertising and would accept nothing less than a full 100% refund.  I gave them a deadline to come to the party before i started adding reviews appropriate to the experience.  Im still waiting on paypal to finalise the dispute. 

Login to Me Too

Mand113
Contributor
Contributor
Yes I have they sent me a nasty email saying dont I know English and I'm funny I was buying 2 reborns one shut eye one open they sent me a tiny doll just a play plastic doll I'm so upset cause they where for my mum and friend
Login to Me Too

mysgvious
Contributor
Contributor
Same happened to me but paypal wants me to file a complaint with internet crimes, fbi, or local sheriff and give them a copy of the report...HELLO PAYPAL THIS IS YOUR SELLER U DO THE DAMN WORK
Login to Me Too

LadyT-new
New Community Member
I am having same issue. I am so disgusted and embarrassed I even order two dolls. I sent them pictures and they kept asking for more photos even kept telling they are not scam on their Facebook messenger. They had videos of happy people and lots of pictures and reviews but I got one dollar tree dollar and the second one I never received. I spent 127.00 dollars and they offered 30 dollars then 20 dollars. I suffer from anxiety and just new one of these little dolls would help reduce it but sadly they have caused me more heart ache and distress. I only wish I saw these reviews here before hand but it didn't show up in my original search. I told PayPal I never got second one and I escalated but still nothing is being done I am out of one doll and have one creepy dollar tree doll that gives me nightmares. I am so stressed. I just want my full refund but neither party is hearing me.
Login to Me Too

Dawn412
Contributor
Contributor
Sorry to hear. I will no longer use PayPal for stuff like this in the future. I talked to my credit card company and if I hadn’t used PayPal I would’ve gotten all my money back. I can’t believe PayPal is doing business with these **bleep**. I thought they provided a better service than this. I would keep trying with PayPal to get your money back.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.