Contributor
Contributor
Me too I was scamed vy vango group
Login to Me Too
6 REPLIES 6

chrisk1960
Contributor
Contributor
I saw an ad on Facebook Marketplace for toilet paper. The seller was Mayorwell. I placed two orders, each for the amount of $38.94. A couple days later I realized I fell into a scam. One amount came out of a PayPal account. I didn't know I had PayPal. I looked further and it listed Vango Group. Mayorwell and Vango are scamming consumers!
Login to Me Too

Becca46
Contributor
Contributor
I too was scammed by Vango Group for +$30. I’ve sent an email to seller but I don’t expect to hear back.
Login to Me Too

Pattyvoice
Contributor
Contributor

I actually did it as kind of an experiment to see if it was a scammer. When I saw my receipt I noticed that there was Chinese lettering along with the confirmation. I actually don’t know Asian lettering so I’m not sure exactly what country it was supposed to have come from. At any rate I had a hunch it wasn’t going to prove itself worthy and reading your content and going to my receipt today, I realize my hunch was right. Yes I’m out the money unless PayPal will refuse to give them that money or get it back. But we all know how that goes they tell us to go to the actual seller to try to work things out. I actually did it as kind of an experiment to see if it was a scammer. When I saw my receipt I noticed that there was Chinese lettering along with the confirmation. I actually don’t know Asian lettering so I’m not sure exactly what country it was supposed to have come from. At any rate I had a hunch wasn’t going to prove itself worthy and reading your content and going to my receipt today, I realize my hunch was right. Yes I’m out of money unless PayPal will refuse to give them that money or get it back. But we all know how that goes they tell us to go to the actual seller to try to work things out.I can’t believe how people end up gouging others in the time of a crisis. I’m sure with a big fat smile on your face too.

Login to Me Too

Mecker
New Community Member
Sane thing happened to me....
Login to Me Too

Scamarama
Contributor
Contributor
Same exact thing, only i ordered 2 to save shipping. Guess PayPal is going to take a big hit on this one. I was surprised the money came out if my account IMMEDIATELY!
Login to Me Too

Alecosta25
New Community Member
Me too, I made a purchase worth 40.85 and never received it at home and it's been 6 months since I bought it and haven't received anything
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.