Re: WAN <removed>AT PAYPAL

weberdlee
Contributor
Contributor

Same here and haven't figured it out yet. I have no record of any Paypal purchase for the day or immediate days prior. I was charged $29.95. I'm curious if you were charged the same amount.

Login to Me Too
8 REPLIES 8

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@weberdlee 

If you bought something online with a debit or credit card and did NOT log into your paypal account then of course it won't show on your paypal account as you bought as a 'guest buyer'.
However your seller may have processed that payment using their Paypal 'card reader' and so Paypal would show on your bank or card statement.

If that is not the case then contact customer services AND your card issuer to query the transactions.

If you need to open a dispute for a 'guest buyer' transaction then you can.......
1. Phone Paypal customer services and see if they will open one for you OR
2. Contact your card issuer for a chargeback.

OR

Check if you had a subscription set up...
Click on the profile tab (icon next to log out) > Click on payments third option along on the thick blue band top of page > "manage pre-approved payments''.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Darbe40
New Community Member

Same here and funny it’s the same amount.

Login to Me Too

Davidfamilyman
New Community Member

I had this come up on mine. Couldn't figure out what it was at first, but I checked my subscriptions on pay pal and saw this photo software that I thought was a one time purchase. Cancelled it immediately. Hope this helps.

Login to Me Too

summerislive
New Community Member

Hey! 

I checked mine it had the same name. I had a charge for 34.99 and after checking my emails it was for Wondershare Filmora, a video editing software I purchased. 

Login to Me Too

MXbob
New Community Member

I downloaded a TRIAL version of PDFElement6 last December. Today, I got charged $69.95. I don't recall agreeing to any subscription. I have ZERO emails from Wondershare, which is the English name for the company and its website. Quite the ripoff. 

As for PayPal, if you expect any consumer protection, forget it. They do not care. 

Login to Me Too

Paul539
New Community Member

I had same issue, bought software for one month and these people charged me 2 months since and may continue to do so as pay pal won't do anything about it even though it doesn't show as a subscription in paypal, they are still paying them monthly. Cant Contact the Chinese company to ask them to stop and pay pal wont do anything about it, paypal is not the secure payment method they claim.

Login to Me Too

Jspiller1112
New Community Member

I received a charge that I did not authorize and apparently other people have to.. refer to the forum of people who had the same issue

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Jspiller1112 

Maybe but 9/10 times it turns out to be NOT unauthorised either an unrecognised guest payment OR subscription etc.

If it is unauthorised then report it via the resolution centre. 

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.