Re: Quilt Purchase

MontanaMom
Contributor
Contributor

I have a question for those of you who managed to get refunds from the fraudulent quilt sites, how did you get your money back?  Did you have to send the items back?  I was told I would have to.  Since they came from China I would have to send them back.  I went to the Post Office and it would cost me starting at $60.00.  I almost fainted.  So now I am on hold with PP once again to see if there is another way this can be worked out.  I too, ordered from Emmacotton.  

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

lizwittman
Contributor
Contributor

It most definitely is a scam, and I can't believe there is nothing that can done about it - with all the people that have complained. 

• And yes - since they change the name and location of their website every couple of weeks, it's makes it very hard to prove (as the customer) what you thought you were purchasing..As when I found the website off of Facebook, it said they were in Australia, and showed an idyllic family ranch, where they carded their own cotton, "come visit, pet our sheep and stay for a picnic", etc...

In my case, it's even worse than yours, as I purchased (3) quilts for Christmas (spending $177)

• And after receiving (3) separate packages from their freight forwarder in NJ, I received the attached very thin "blankets" which were NOT pieced quilts as their website showed, but rather a photo printed on a piece of fabric.
  • So, I started a dispute and the "store" replied back that if I could send the blankets back (to an address in Vietnam) that I could have my $177 back.  (NOT back to NJ, which is where the original packaging came from.)  I would TOTALLY be willing to send that 8 lbs back to NJ!
  • The only thing is, when you are sending an 8 lb package (which has 3 blankets - 2 Queen and 1 King!) to Vietnam, per UPS - it would cost me $342 to get them all the way over there, in order to get my $177 back....
  • So, obviously I did not do that - as per my experience last year, sending another scam item back for a refund (to a different store) - I would have spent $342 to get it to the other side of the world, only to find the address is an empty lot, and have UPS send it back to me, thereby costing another $342.  
  • Therefore - essentially, to return it = I'd be in the hole $861 ($342 + $342 + $177) since the "store" would say they never received it back from me - in order to send my $177 back.
  • So, when I tried to tell PP this, all they said was I didn't send the product back, so therefore I was not entitled to my $177 refund, and closed my dispute ticket!
Login to Me Too

MontanaMom
Contributor
Contributor

Mine too came from Vietnam not from China as I first thought and the cost is extremely high and not worth the effort.  I doubt Paypal is going to refund my money.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.