Re-Opening a Dispute

haleyraines
New Community Member

I filed a dispute after I was scammed a few weeks ago. I opened a case, and then about 2 weeks later I got an email back that said I never sent the item back to the seller and the case was then closed. I have tried everything to re-open it, but haven't had any luck. Is there anyway to re-open the case to get my money back?

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

Lisa320
Contributor
Contributor
I know you said you tried everything but did you appeal the decision and if so, what was their reason for doing so, because you n didn't send it back? Was it PayPal that told you b to send it back?
Login to Me Too

haleyraines
New Community Member

Yes PayPal did say to return it, but I don't know how to appeal it because PayPal never gave me that option.

Login to Me Too

Lisa320
Contributor
Contributor
Maybe try this if you are within the 10 days Try it from desktop browser If you would like to appeal the outcome of a claim you can do so within 10 days. To appeal the outcome of a claim: Go to Resolution Centre. Under 'Resolution Centre', click Closed cases to display the closed case list. You can also locate your case by selecting 'Case ID', 'Transaction ID', 'Invoice ID', 'Name' or 'Email' from the drop-down and using the searcher. Next to the case, under 'Action', click View. On the 'Case details' page, near the bottom, click appeal the outcome. Provide information for your appeal. Maybe try that. Did you send it back and if so provide the proof i.e tracking number? If you showed them that, I wonder why they would say that it wasn't returned I disputed a transaction about 2 wks ago because I was sent an in correct item. I provided every piece of proof I had so they decided in my favor, but they did not require me to send anything back.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.