Raising a claim to a dispute

LOR17
New Community Member
Hello. I recently purchased a flight via the Opodo website. Initially I tried to purchase the flight through PayPal but it asked for a security code which was going to be sent to my mobile phone and I realised I still had my old number linked to my account. So I ABORTED the transaction and proceeded to buy the flight directly on my credit card.   I got the email confirmation of the booking from Opodo but NEVER got an email from PayPal, as I normally do, to tell me that the  transaction had gone through. So I didn't notice the payment had gone through twice, until I checked my credit card statement. I contacted the Opodo customer service line and they told me they only took the credit card payment but the PayPal team, who I also spoke to, told me the payment has also gone through to Opodo via PayPal, so I have paid for this flight twice! I contacted PayPal through the messaging centre and they told me to raise a dispute which I did. But because I initiated the transaction, PayPal simply closed the dispute so now I cannot raise this to a claim online for the buyer protection to kick in. PayPal told me to call them but I am still abroad and the last call already cost me £40! I asked them to call me but they never did. Can anyone help?
Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@LOR17

Did you file an unauthorised transaction dispute? If you did then that is why it was closed because what you were saying is that you did not authorise the transaction as your paypal account was hacked and used without your consent. As it was used with your consent and paypal could see that it would have been closed.

You should have filed non receipt of 'service' and then you should have got a refund.

I would suggest.

1. Contact your CARD ISSUER if you funded your PAYPAL payment with a card as well and do a chargeback.

2. OR......................

have you considered contacting Customer Service via Facebook or Twitter?
You can send them a personal message from their facebook or twitter pages.

It's: https://www.facebook.com/PayPalUK and @AskPayPal for Twitter.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.