RETURN OF MY PURCHASE PRICE WITH THE STIPULATION THAT I RETURN THE PRODUCT

madervp978
Contributor
Contributor

I purchased a floral garden dish for the passing of my brother in laws father, on line. What was delivered was nothing like the product that I ordered.

I filed a dispute with Pay Pal. After going back and forth with the floral site, they've offered me a total refund, with the stipulation that I return the arrangement.

I live and and placed this order in Georgia, and the arrangement was delivered to Massachusetts. How am I suppose to ask my brother in law to return something I sent to him for the passing of his Dad, and then ask him to pay for the shipping.

I totally believe that this on-line florist knows this, and has asked me to do something that would be rude, crude, and ignorant!

What should I do?

Login to Me Too
6 REPLIES 6

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@madervp978 

You can't keep item + refund, you have to return what you received if you want a refund.

Paypal state this >>
PayPal is not obliged to reimburse you for any costs that you incur to comply with any of PayPal’s requests for cooperation for the purpose of resolving the problem (including, without limitation, costs that you incur to return a SNAD item to the Payment Recipient or another party as PayPal requests), although sometimes it may reimburse these costs.

Although they will compensate you for some of the cost if you have activated this at some point before you made that transaction .....
https://www.paypal.com/us/selfhelp/article/what-is-return-shipping-on-us-and-how-do-i-activate-it-fa...

You also have the option to do a chargeback via your card issuer instead of a Paypal dispute if you funded your Paypal payment via a credit card.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

madervp978
Contributor
Contributor
I will do the charge back with the card that I used. This was an order that I ordered in Georgia and had it delivered to Massachusetts to the funeral home. I have no way of now saying to my brother in law, “Can you go to your fathers grave and see what they did with my little arrangement, and oh can you send them back to me?” There’s no one that would do that!!!!!!
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@madervp978 

Well i didn't suggest that you did go down that route, I merely told you how things normally work with paypal disputes.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

madervp978
Contributor
Contributor

I'm not sure that you realize the predicament that I'm in. The seller has asked for me to return the arrangement in question.

I ordered this arrangement from my home in the state Georgia. The arrangement was delivered to my brother in laws home in Massachusetts. It was a sudden and shocking death. Now the seller wants me to call my brother in law, who is mourning the death of his father, and ask him to take the arrangement put in in a box and ship it back to the seller.

If one of your parents suddenly passed away, and someone asked you to send back flowers that they you had sent them, what would you do.

I AGREE that I need to pay something for them, and I am NOT trying to get something for nothing!!The seller knows like anyone does that the purchaser of one of their items isn't going to actually go and tell the recipient that they need to return what was sent to them. SO with them knowing that NOBODY would ever do that, they get away with it!!!

Return some of my purchase price and I'll be happy. DON'T show customers a picture of something with no intent of sending what the customer ordered!  

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@madervp978 

I can only tell you how the dispute process works !!!!

Everything else is up to you to sort out how you want to sort it out.

So your welcome and goodbye.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

madervp978
Contributor
Contributor
I truly do appreciate everything that you have told me. I THANK YOU!!!!!
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.