RESOLVED: Account Temporarily Limited [Mistakenly Provided Wrong Tracking No. via Typo]

De_Ro

Hi,

I have accidentally provided the wrong tracking number via a mistype in verifying a transaction as having taken place; the typo-ed tracking number is also invalid, as a result.  This is because my account has a temporary limitation on it, and while my ID has been verified positively, I also have to provide proof of the transaction's fulfilment.  However, as stated, the tracking number was mistyped, and so one numeral was missing in the alphanumerical string.

For the privacy of my buyer, I would like to privately contact PayPal's staff with the correct tracking number - and/or photo of the invoice with the tracking number in it; if need be, for extra verification - instead of posting it in the public eye so that my error can be rectified.  I missed a number in typing it out.

Is this possible, or need I post the correct tracking number publicly?

I have no idea what can be done, given that it has been 28 hours since the tracking number has been provided erroneously; for that very reason, I presume.

Thank you.

Cheers,

De_Ro

Edit: I am based in Australia, so I have no idea which number to call, and I have no idea how to file a support ticket, either; the resolution centre only seems to be for disputing payments, rather than temporary limitations of your account.

FINAL EDIT: It has since been resolved, I finally managed to contact customer service, and they will be fixing it between 7-9 January.

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.