REAL SOLUTION: To those caught in [name] TECH CO., LTD scams

TangyRamen
Contributor
Contributor

So like many of you I recently got scammed by this TECH CO., LTD scam, for me it was Ivory Tower Tech Co., LTD but for others it's ZG TECHNOLOGY or ALLWAY.

I had successfully escalated my dispute and would be given a refund as long as I ship the item back within 30 days and the item was recorded as have being collected by seller.

Two fundamental problems with this:

1) Address is fake. Not everyone has someone in China/ Hong Kong but luckily for me I do and I sent them my so called return address and it just didn't exist. So if I was to mail my item back it would have either rotted in hong kong or be sent back, a wasted premium fast track postage fee.

2) The cost of posting the item doesn't make it worth it.

So like you I was super frustrated and have spent the past 30ish hours trying to find how paypal can refund us without us needing to post our fake $2 junk toys back to the scammers.

Luckily it's as simple as picking up the phone - I kid you not!

I was getting no where at first with customer support but I guess being emotional and not having all the information I was making a mess of it myself.

First things first you need to be talking to a customer service person in the disputes section, to get to them you will need to get your own personal, one off, pass code. To get this you need to do the following.

1) on Summary page scroll down to 'contact us'

1.png

2) Click 'Call Us'

2.png

3) This will bring up two numbers, the free one (toll free) WRITE THIS DOWN the not free one (ignore that one) and then a one off passcode number WRITE THIS DOWN

3.png

# Your number might be different so please don't use mine in case it is

# Don't tell anyone the pass code as this is a link to your paypal account!! Do not post your passcode number here.

Next call the toll free number, after the automated intro you will be prompted to enter your passcode, do so and press # next wait until you here the number associated with the disputes line (you know press X to get to disputes), press the associated number, next wait to hear the number you need to press to talk to somebody (it'll say press X to speak to someone).

You will either then be placed in queue or get someone right away.

If you have a claim open they will see that, if you don't have your case number with you.

When you get the customer support rep  you need to keep it brief and factual - just say you've been caught up in one of those TECH CO. scams where you purchased a expensive item but was shipped a cheap junk toy item instead. Next say paypal is well aware of the scam and mention the forums where the paypal moderator has acknowledged they are aware of the scam.  Next say that you're calling to get a refund without shipping the item back as those caught in this scam, after calling paypal, have their money refund without needing to ship the fake item back.

That should be it. That's all I just did and I got the refund without needing to ship my junk item back! I kid you not.

** If you get a rep who says they can't, be cool but be firm and simply ask them to put you onto a supervisor. Explain the above again, no need to read them a speech, keep it to the facts, again explain paypal is aware and bring their attention to the forums and then you should get the refund. Keep escalating until you do, stay cool but firm with them as this works. **

I have a feeling that very very recently word has spread in the disputes department because 24hours ago I was getting no where but today not only did I get help instantly but my customer service rep was well aware of this scam. She said that paypal is working on stopping this behavior as they are aware of it.

But you need to call, don't write them a email, that won't work.

Maybe the tide is turning in our favor.

Good Luck!

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

Dennis696
Contributor
Contributor

I did a google search of the address after reading your post, and found it on Amazon 

Detailed Seller Information

• Business Name:HK Crystal-Industrial Co.,Limited
  • Business Type:ltd
  • Trade Register Number:61297117-000-04-17-5
  • VAT Number:GB299444349
  • Business Address:
    • <removed>
    • TSIM SHA TSUI KL
    • Hongkong
    • Hongkong
    • HK

So I spoke to an agent and got a full refund without returning goods!

win win

Thank you PayPal

Login to Me Too

Igory
Contributor
Contributor

Thank you for your detailed explanation. I just did the same and got the refund without posting the cheap toy back to the fake address.

Login to Me Too

rosewithathorn
New Community Member

This is so helpful, for next time at least.  I was scammed and tried to get a refund through paypal and they closed my claim because of some deadline I missed.  I don't use paypal any longer for online purchases for this reason.  Paypal, don't act like a credit card company and then don't offer the same protections as a credit card company.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.